In today’s digital world, inbound marketing is the most effective way to attract new members to your gym or fitness center. Traditional marketing and advertising are intrusive, interrupting a person’s activity, either on television, radio, or the internet. Using ad blockers, spam filters, and call blocking apps, consumers are actively working to avoid aggressive marketing methods. Inbound marketing works because it attracts those who are actually interested in what you have to offer, rather than trying to convince a cold prospect why they need you or your services.
By building a content library, you can create a system that perpetually attracts new visitors, build an audience, and nurture those leads until they become active gym members. Moreover, it provides a steady flow of educational, helpful, and entertaining content that will turn your customers into your promoters and brand advocates. Nevertheless, many gym and fitness owners believe that simply pumping out large volumes of content is all that is needed. Inbound does not work that way. In order to be effective, your content must be original and valuable to your ideal members. This means publishing content that has either new information or presents old information in a new way.
When done correctly, inbound marketing is the most cost-effective and productive form of marketing. It will attract new visitors to your website, spur social media engagement, build a community around your brand, boost your search engine optimization, and create a higher visitor-to-lead conversion rate. How does that happen? Below is a list of content types that your target will find irresistible.
Best Content Types for Gyms and Fitness Clubs
1. Audience Focused Content – One mistake that gym owners make is writing content to impress their peers or competition. You have to have a real understanding of your target’s needs, desires, interests, and goals. With this knowledge, you can write the content that your audience really wants to read.
2. Content About You – Regardless of industry, people want to do business with companies that they believe they know and trust. When you write content that reflects your mission, principles, and core values, you build a strong brand identity and help align yourself with your target’s expectations and principles.
3. Content with Emotion – With sales, emotion is always a more powerful motivator than reason. Almost everyone knows the benefits of living a healthy lifestyle and maintaining a good weight. Nevertheless, what often gets a person in the gym is the realization that they need to make changes so they will be there for the family.
4. Positive Storytelling – There is a reason all those late night infomercials include personal testimonials with before and after photos. The personal success stories of strangers are much more powerful than any marketing message anyone can create. Moreover, storytelling allows you be become more authentic, showing off what makes you special.
5. News Focused Content – Newsjacking is the practice of writing commentary on current and trending news stories. The good news is, gyms and fitness centers have an endless supply of health and fitness news stories, from celebrity trainers to new scientific studies. Newsjacking not only allows you to leverage trending topic, but also give you the opportunity to show off your knowledge and expertise.
Do you have questions? What haven’t we covered yet that is important to you? If you would like to talk about inbound marketing for gyms and fitness centers, or a related topic, please contact us.